We are seeking passionate and committed volunteers to serve as leaders and ambassadors for Latino Outdoors. If you are interested and can devote your time to this exciting work, contact us! You may contact Jose Gonzalez at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your info in our contact form.
As a community and network of professionals, there are to ways to help.
You can support us in several ways:
- If you are a Latino professional in a conservation organization: We need your talent and expertise to serve as a role model. We also need your time to lead hikes. This time would initially be donated (until we find ways to support it with funding) and may be outside of your organizational structure. We need leaders with your background, your experience, your cultura, your language, to use as a connecting point for our comunidades.
- If you are a conservation organization: We need your resources- space, programs, contacts, etc. You have an infrastructure that would be vital in allowing us to bring communities to the spaces you love and conserve. This provides an opportunity for your outreach efforts to Latino communities and showcases your organization. Work that complements each other.
- If you are an interested non-affiliated individual: We need advocates, connections, participants, and community leaders. Join us as a participant and we learn together. Cada voz cuenta.
- If you are a Latino community organization: We need your connections and networks to engage the communities you serve. We do this together. Estamos al servicio de la comunidad.
- If you have funds: Contributions will sustain our work especially for when we cannot receive in-kind contributions. A long-term goal is to make this financially sustainable to see how it grows as an organization—and to consider staffing. Cada granito de arena.
- If you are doing similar work with similar or other communities: We need partners with whom to learn, share our work, collaborate, share resources, and amplify our efforts. What we do is not meant to be exclusive. It’s meant to be a starting point for a more diverse, inclusive, and integrated conservation movement. Nos ayudamos juntos.