Interim Executive Director
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position will temporarily manage, direct, and oversee all operations of Latino Outdoors as it seeks to identify and retain a permanent Executive Director for the organization.
The Interim Executive Director provides business leadership and guidance to the organization’s Advisory Board and staff while focusing on organizational stability and performance, while maintaining the organization’s commitment to its culture. In addition, the Interim Executive Director may be asked to lead efforts, in collaboration with the Board, to secure permanent leadership for the Latino Outdoors.
Latino Outdoors’ founder will be available to respond to questions or to provide input as needed during this transitional period.
This is a contract position for a period of six months at 67 – 100% FTE, negotiable.
Organizational Leadership, Management, and Strategy
- Assist in preparing the organization for a permanent leadership shift. Facilitate the recruiting and on-boarding process for the permanent Executive Director.
- Support and promote an organizational culture amongst staff and volunteers that fosters cooperation, open and frequent communication, and a united commitment to the organization’s vision and new strategic plan.
- Supervise all staff and operations. Ensure ongoing and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems.
- Support the Advisory Board and its role in the implementation of the strategic plan.
- Where needed, create and recommend new systems to effectively track processes, evaluate program components, manage finances, track and report grant commitments, and communicate these processes to the Advisory Board, funders, and other constituents.
- Promote the Advisory Board’s engagement in transition planning, resource/financial development, board development, and overall organizational wellness.
- Work closely with the Advisory Board Chair to coordinate Advisory Board meetings and ensure all reports, minutes, and other documents are completed and distributed on schedule.
Fundraising, Communications, and Outreach
- Support efforts to build and maintain effective working relationships with volunteers, funders, and other constituencies.
- Provide leadership on the development of outreach materials, tools, and publications including the website, social media efforts, annual reports, and other marketing collateral.
- Proven leadership experience in senior management positions. Excellent organizational development, interpersonal, marketing, communication, administration, personnel management skills, and some knowledge of Latino culture essential.
- Knowledge of organizational dynamics and the ability to foster a healthy organizational culture and to encourage teamwork and collaboration.
- Strong interpersonal skills that include the ability to inspire and motivate.
- Operational skills and experience in assessing organizational needs and implementing new models and processes.
- Demonstrated commitment to assisting organizations in a time of transition.
- Strong diplomacy and communication skills; ability to be sensitive and inclusive of various perspectives. Ability to facilitate finding common ground among diverse individuals and organizations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Computer proficiency a must.
- Undergraduate degree required. At least 10 years of senior management experience, including non-profit management experience.
To apply: Send a resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications for this position. Submit your documents in either Word or PDF to Carol Olson at email@example.com.
No phone calls, faxes, or recruiters please. The first review date for this position is: Nov. 15, 2017.
Latino Outdoors is a fiscally sponsored program of Community Initiatives, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Latino Outdoors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensure that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.