Are you passionate about Latino culture, organizing volunteers, building community , education, and looking to gain experience in the non-profit world? Latino Outdoors is looking for an intern who has a strong passion for all of it!
We are looking for a Training and Development Manager to ensure the smooth and effective functioning of volunteer programs, leadership development and various related roles. Working with the National Director, you will manage, design, develop, coordinate and conduct training programs for a team of 30+ volunteers.
- Volunteer management: This involves creating a training strategy, support system, and accountability measurements, in conjunction with online tools.
- Map out training plans, design and develop training programs.
- Facilitate online courses and develop and deliver new courses as required.
- Design and prepare educational aids and materials.
- Maintain updated curriculum database and training records.
- Ensure volunteer skills and training meet organization’s HR requirements.
- Oversee a current research project with the US Forrest Service, and managing all aspects of deliverables with volunteers.
- Coordinate volunteers to meet deliverables for national partnerships with current outdoor retailers, and in alignment with agreements.
This is a non-paid position but suitable for college credit, and it associates you with a growing positive brand and community—as well as various professional development opportunities.
- Passionate about continuing to strengthen the bond and association between Latinos and the outdoors
- Available to dedicate 16 hours a week minimum. 6-9 month commitment.
- Training and development experience or educational background
- MUST be a TEAM PLAYER and have a POSITIVE attitude.
- Highly organized, able to juggle multiple projects at a single time, and thrive on working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have own computer available to use and strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Technology/Social media savvy and enthusiast
- Exemplary time management and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Desired but not required:
- Bilingual speaker (Spanish) reader and writer a plus.
- Background or interest in Organizational Management, Non-profit Leadership, Philanthropy, Latin-American Studies, Chicano/a Studies, or Environmental Studies.
- Experience in an environmental, outdoors, or conservation field is a plus
- Demonstrated commitment to the outdoors, Latino communities, grassroots advocacy
- Profile on LO website as a leader
- Develop personal social media presence in association with Latino Outdoors
- Opportunity for equipment and clothing from sponsors
- Opportunity for professional development trainings, workshops, conference invitations, and high-profile professional connections
- Access to Latino Outdoors email account and other resources
- Strong resume builder and references
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter describing your interest in this position to: email@example.com.